If you love the holiday season, you may already be preparing your home with all the things you need for the festivities. Many of us host our friends and family, take on the newest cooking challenges, and update our homes with the latest holiday items. However, it’s also important during this fun holiday season to take the proper precautions, so your festivities don’t turn into household emergencies. The last thing you need is to have to call your insurance company to file a claim!
Here are a few easy precautions you can take to avoid the need to use your home insurance policy during this year’s holiday season:
- If you love lights and other electrical seasonal knick-knacks, make sure to check manufacturers’ recommendations for load limits on your outlets and extension cords so you don’t cause an outage or electrical fire.
- Check your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are working, and remember to swap batteries at the time change.
- Consider LEDs for your holiday lighting. Not only do they draw less power, which helps your utility bill, but they are also more efficient and come in all the holiday options you require.
- Don’t overload your home’s electrical outlets, so you can avoid shorts and potential fire hazards.
- If you discover any damage to your holiday lights, make sure to replace them.
- Use a timer for your outdoor lights to save money on your energy bill and prevent outdoor lighting hazards.
Your home insurance policy is an important part of protecting your home all year long, and at Noble Insurance, we can help you achieve the most from your insurance coverage for your home. Contact us today if you are preparing for the holiday season and you want to make sure you have the right home insurance policy for your needs.