Noble Insurance > Resources > Is Your Home-Based Business Covered Under Your Home Insurance Policy?

Is Your Home-Based Business Covered Under Your Home Insurance Policy?

Do you run a home-based business? Do you know whether your home insurance policy would cover your business assets in the event of unexpected damage?

More and more people run businesses out of their homes today, whether they sell goods online or provide specialized services in a specific market. While working from home can certainly have its advantages, what you may not have considered is whether your home insurance policy covers the items you use every day for business purposes.

There are a number of instances in which having home insurance with protections for your business can be important. For example, if you experience a fire or flood that damages your equipment, computer and supplies, your insurance policy may cover the repairs or replacement. Some important items that you may want to consider covering as part of your home insurance policy include:

  • Furniture
  • Equipment
  • Desktop and/or laptop computers
  • Hardware and software
  • Cell phones
  • Fax machines
  • Electronics
  • Items you stock
  • Goods you sell

While it may be easy to designate a specific area of your home for your business, it’s also important to know that you have home insurance coverage that properly protects your business assets and liability exposures.

At Noble Insurance, we often find that home-based workers are missing this crucial piece of protection for their business items, and we can help fill in the gaps when it comes to ensuring that you have the insurance coverage you need. Contact your broker today to learn more about how you can ensure your home insurance policy provides complete protection.