Home Insurance in Barrie, Ontario

When you think of your home insurance coverage, you may know of the major things that need to be covered, like fire, theft, flooding, and other unexpected events that could damage your property. However, did you know that you are also responsible for all of the utility and service lines on your property? Do you know if your home insurance policy has coverage for service line insurance?

While we don’t often think about the service lines that provide our water, electricity, internet, cable, and sewer connections, it can be very costly to have these things replaced when something goes wrong. Over time, these lines can corrode, suffer from storm damage, become compromised due to tree roots, or even be affected by equipment, people, or animals.

The good news is that there is the option to include service line insurance as part of your home insurance policy to help cover the cost of damage and repairs to your service lines. This coverage includes:

  • Excavation – The cost of excavation needed to expose damaged underground service lines for repair or replacement.
  • Loss of Use – Additional living expenses and fair rental value if the home becomes uninhabitable because of damage to a service line.
  • Repair Expenses – The extra cost to make temporary repairs to non-functional service lines.
  • Outdoor Property – Outdoor property such as trees, plants, shrubs, walkways and driveways damaged due to a service line failure.

If you aren’t sure whether you have service line insurance, or if you would like to add it to your home insurance policy, contact your Noble Insurance broker today for this small and convenient addition.