Noble Insurance > Home Insurance > 5 Questions to Ask Your Insurance Broker About Your Home Insurance Policy [infographic]

Your home is one of your biggest investments and largest assets, so protecting it with the right home insurance policy is essential. To make sure you have not only the right coverage, but also enough coverage for your home, make sure you ask your local insurance broker at Noble Insurance the following questions.

5 Questions to Ask Your Insurance Broker About Your Home Insurance Policy

  1. Do you recommend a higher liability limit on my current policy? You probably do not think much about the possibility of a lawsuit, but it can still happen at any time and for any reason. By securing a higher liability limit on your homeowner’s insurance coverage at minimal cost, you can prevent financial issue associated with the effects of a lawsuit.
  2. Should I add bylaws coverage to my policy? Zoning and building code laws change over time, but these changes do not apply to existing buildings unless you need to rebuild your home after loss or damage. With bylaws coverage, you receive protection from new bylaws that could potentially increase the cost of rebuilding or repairing your home in the event of a loss.
  3. Can you review my policy to make sure I have enough coverage? We recommend having us review your homeowner’s insurance policy every three to five years to make sure you are not over- or under-insured for any updates you do to your home. This process will also ensure you receive all applicable discounts.
  4. Should I get service line coverage? When something goes wrong with an electricity, water, cable or sewer connection, replacing these lines can be a costly process. Service line coverage is an advantageous addition to your homeowner’s insurance policy because it can shield you from the cost of replacing/repairing a critical service line.
  5. Is flood insurance a good thing to add to my policy? We will only recommend flood insurance if you live in an area prone to flooding. Typically referred to as “Overland Water coverage”, this will cover any damage that occurs when water enters your home due to a body of water overflowing, heavy rains, or rapid snowmelt.