Have you thought about waterproofing your home or business? By signing up for home or business insurance that covers water damage and taking a few steps, you can protect your property from the disastrous effects of water damage.
One way to prevent water damage from occurring is to keep ice dams from forming on your property’s exterior. Ice dams develop when ice freezes at the edge of your roof and prevents water from properly draining off of this structure. To stop ice dams from forming, make sure that your attic is well ventilated and insulated. When an ice dam does develop, make sure that ice and snow get removed from your roof by a professional.
To prevent the financial losses that can occur from a basement flood or frozen pipes, you should make sure you:
- Have home or business insurance that covers water damage
- Install a sump pump and maintain it properly
- Fit any exposed pipes on your property with insulation sleeves or wrapping
- Keep your home or business at a reasonable temperature while you’re away
- Make sure you take the time to clear debris out of your property’s downspouts
- Regularly check for leaks in your property’s windows, doors, foundation, and floors
- Seal any cracks or holes in your property’s exterior walls
If you aren’t sure what type of water damage coverage you have on your home or business, give us a call at Noble Insurance. We can provide you with home or business insurance quotes and also review any existing policies you might have.