Although you can’t ensure that your vehicle will never be stolen, you can take a few easy steps to prevent the likelihood of it happening.
Make it more difficult for a thief to steal your vehicle and its contents in the following ways:
- Always lock your vehicle
- Never leave your keys in the vehicle
- Turn off your ignition whenever you leave your car
- Avoid parking on the street
- Conceal items left in your car, keep things in the trunk and never leave money or compact discs in the open
- Whenever possible, park your vehicle in a well-lit, well-guarded, highly visible area
- Ask your neighbours to watch out for your vehicle and do the same for them Install an anti-theft deterrent such as car alarms or an ignition disabler.
For more tips and information on how to avoid having your vehicle broken into or stolen, please contact the Vehicle Information Centre or appropriate industry organization in your area.